Spanish Course in Playa del Carmen (15-21)

Have an unforgettable summer taking part in a Spanish summer camp for young people in Mexico, with a full schedule of leisure, sport and cultural activities on the Mexican Caribbean Coast in the beautiful city of Playa del Carmen. 

Spanish courses can be booked for all Spanish language skill levels for 1, 2, 3 or more weeks from June 29th through August 30th.

About Playa del Carmen

Playa del Carmen Spanish Courses - Learn Spanish - Study Abroad - Summer Camp for Teenagers

Playa del Carmen -originally named Xaman-Ha (Waters of the North)- is a lively part of the Maya World (Mundo Maya).

Playa del Carmen is located 40 miles south of Cancun on the magnificent Mexican Caribbean coast, which makes it the perfect location to explore intriguing sights along the Mayan Riviera while you study!

Miles of beaches covered in white sand, crystal-clear Caribbean waters and a long & deep cultural heritage make Playa del Carmen the perfect place to spend your summer. This safe and beautiful city allows instant access to spectacular Mayan ruins, for instance Chichen Itza, Tulum and Uxmal.

Campus

Spanish Courses in Playa del Carmen - Learn Spanish - Study Abroad - Summer Camp

Our new and modern campus is located just over 3 blocks away from the beach. Facilities include:

  • Indoor and outdoor classrooms
  • 60 bedrooms (3-4 beds) with en-suite bathrooms
  • Swimming pool
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant

Language Course

The Teenagers Abroad Spanish summer program offers to high school students the following course options for Spanish Courses in Playa del Carmen:

Standard Spanish Courses: 

>> 4 group lessons daily (15 hours per week)

The Teenagers Abroad Spanish Camp includes:

Class size: max. 15 students
Spanish courses normally held 9:00 - 1:00pm, Monday - Friday
Spanish courses for all language levels
Teachers are qualified & Spanish native speakers
Language certificate given at the end of the summer camp

International Student Body: 

We expect that 30% of students attending our Teenagers Abroad Summer Camp in Playa del Carmen will be non-native English speakers from various countries around Europe. The other 70% will be English native speakers from North America and/or the UK.

Number of students attending the course: 

Based on 2013 attendance records, there will be on average 15 students attending the camp per week.

A typical day includes:

Breakfast: 8:00 - 9:00am
Spanish courses: 9:00 - 1:00pm
Lunch: 1:00 - 2:15pm
Organized activities: 2:30 - 6:00pm
Free time: 6:00 - 8:30pm
Dinner: 8:30 - 9:30pm
Free time: 9:30 - 11:00pm
Lights out at 11:00pm

Activities & Excursions

Spanish Courses in Playa del Carmen - Learn Spanish - Study Abroad - Activities & Excursions

The Spanish summer camp for teens program provides participants with sufficient time after their Spanish courses to learn more about Mexico and its culture, traditions, customs and everyday life.

The supervised activity program includes:

  • Afternoon activities
  • Weekly half day excursion
  • Weekly full day excursion
  • Other activities and excursions available at a small surcharge

Curfew & Supervision

Level of supervision: MODERATE

Everyday curfew is at 11:00 pm.
Students must return to their accommodation by or before the curfew time, unless they are participating in a tour or activity organized by the school, regardless of their age or circumstance. No exceptions will be made!

Travel & Arrival Information

Arrival airport:

Cancun (CUN)
Playa del Carmen is approximately 60km south of Cancun International Airport.
Transfers from the airport are included on the day of arrival (Sunday) and on the day of departure (Saturday) between 8am and 8pm.

Passports / Visa / Length of stay:

Students are responsible to arrange for the necessary visas, passports and permits needed to study abroad. For more information about visas, permits, passports and general country entry requirements, visit CIBT official website.

Flights:

Students are responsible for making all flight arrangements for travel to/from Cancun. Upon arrival at the Cancun airport, one of our staff members will meet the student and take them to their accommodation.

Travel Insurance:

Teenagers Abroad participants have the option to book our Travel Health Insurance.

To top

Facebook