Italian Course in Florence (ages 14-21)

Participate in the Teenagers Abroad Italian Program and have an unforgettable summer taking part in leisure, sport and cultural activities in the fascinating historical city of Florence, Italy!

About Florence

In the heart of the famous Tuscany region, lies the beautiful city of Florence. Florence is a very unique & remarkable city, with its piazzas, fountains, fantastic restaurants and many other idiosyncrasies that make up its culture and atmosphere.

Florence has always been know as the birthplace of the Renaissance and is home to many of Michelangelo and Leornado da Vinci's masterpieces. The historic centre of Florence was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.

Whether you’re interested in arts, history or humanity, Florence has something for everyone to enjoy!


Our Italian language school is located in the heart of Florence's historic centre. Nearby is the stunning Florence Cathedral and the Palazzo Vecchio, which are two of the most visited sites in Florence. Our language school is located close to a variety of shops, cafes and restaurants.

Language Course

Our Italian program offer to students the following course options for Courses in Florence:

Standard Italian Courses:
>> 20 group lessons per week (15 hours per week)

The Teenager Abroad Italian Camp includes:
Class size: 15 Students max.
Standard Italian courses normally held 9:00-12:30pm, Monday - Friday
Italian courses for all levels
Teachers are qualified & Italian native speakers
Language certificate given at the end of the program

International Student Body:
We expect that 70% of students attending our courses in Florence will be non-native English speakers from Europe, Asia & Latin America. The remaining 30% will be English native speakers from North America and/or the UK.

A typical day includes:
Breakfast: 8:00 - 9:00am 
Italian Courses: 9:00 - 12:30pm
Lunch: 12:30 - 2:30pm
Organized activities: 2:30 - 5:00pm
Free/ leisure time: 5:00 - 7:00pm
Evening meal/ evening activities: 7:00 - 11:00pm
Lights out: 11:00pm

Accommodation & Meals

Students participating in the Italian program will have the choice between two accommodation options:

Residence Accommodation:

  • Downtown location
  • 2-4 beds per room
  • 3 meals daily (packed lunch)
  • 15 min. walk from school
  • On site supervision

 Host Family Accommodation:

  • 2-4 beds per room
  • 3 meals daily (packed lunch)
  • Students travel to/from school using public transportation
  • Housing located 20 to 35 minutes from the school
  • Available to students with prior knowledge of Italian

Activities & Excursions

The supervised activity program includes:

  • Daily afternoon or evening activities
  • Weekly half day excursion
  • Weekly full day excursion
  • Other activities and excursions available at a small surcharge


Our program in Florence provides participants with sufficient time after courses to learn more about Italy, its culture, traditions, customs and everyday life. Students will experience cultural and social activities with their new international classmates. This provides them with the opportunity to practice their new Italian language skills, as well as to make new friends.

Curfew & Supervision

Level of supervision: MODERATE

Curfew is at 11:00 pm every day.
Curfew can be extended to midnight with parental permission. Students must return to their accommodation by or before the curfew time, unless they are participating in a tour or activity organized by the school, regardless of their age or circumstance. No exceptions will be made!

Travel & Arrival Information

Arrival airport: Florence Peretola Airport (FLR)
Transfers from the airport are included on the day of arrival (Sunday) and on the day of departure (Saturday) between 10am and 7pm.

Passports / Visa / Length of stay:
Students are responsible to arrange for the necessary visas, passports and permits needed to study abroad. For more information about visas, permits, passports and general country entry requirements, visit CIBT official website.

Students are responsible for making all flight arrangements for travel to/from Florence. Upon arrival at the Florence airport, one of our staff members will meet the student and take them to their accommodation.

Travel Insurance:
Teenagers Abroad participants have the option to book our Travel Health Insurance.

To top