French Course in Montpellier (ages 11-16)
Spend this summer in Mediterranean Montpellier, taking part in a French summer camp for teens that's packed full of fun, learning, and cultural experiences!
Montpellier, “the city where the sun never sets“, is the ideal destination for learning French in France! Montpellier is located right next to the azure Mediterranean Sea, in one of the most beautiful regions in the south of France. Here you will find sea, sun, beaches, and the opportunity to discover to cool and relaxing culture of Southern France. In Montpellier you will find yourself at the intersection of the regions of Provence, Camargue, and the Cevennes.
Montpellier is also a famous university city. Young and dynamic, it welcomes more than 80,000 students from all over the world every year. This summer, blend your French learning with the experience of discovering new traditions and a new way of life.
Our French language school is located within walking distance of Montpellier’s historical centre, on the campus of a well-respected private high school.
The Teenagers Abroad French summer program offers high school students the following course options for French Courses in Montpellier:
Standard French Courses:
20 group lessons per week (15 hours per week)
Intensive French Courses:
20 group lessons PLUS 4 private lessons per week (18 hours per week)
The Teenagers Abroad French Camp includes:
Class size: 15 Students max.
Standard French courses normally held 9:00-12:30pm, Monday - Friday
Intensive French courses normally held 1:15-2:00pm, Monday - Friday
French courses for beginners and intermediate levels, no advanced level
Teachers are qualified & native French speakers
Students will receive a Language certificate at the end of the program
International Student Body:
We expect that 85% of students attending our courses in Montpellier will be non-native English speakers from Europe, Asia, & Latin America. The remaining 15% are expected to be English native speakers from North America and/or the UK.
Number of students attending the course:
Based on 2017 attendance records, we expect to have 60-80 students in July and 60-70 students in August.
A typical day includes:
Breakfast: 8:00 - 9:00am
French Courses: 9:00 - 12:30pm
Lunch: 12:30 - 2:00pm
Organized Activities: 2:00 - 5:00pm
Free/ leisure time: 5:00 - 7:00pm
Evening meal/ evening activities: 7:00 - 11:00pm
Lights out: 11:00pm
Accommodation & Meals
Students participating in the French program will have the choice between two accommodation options:
Host Family Accommodation (Ages 11-16):
- Double rooms
- 3 meals a day
- Students travel to/from school using public transportation
- Housing located 15 to 30 minutes from the school
Residence Accommodation (Ages 14-16):
- Downtown location
- Double rooms
- 3 meals a day
- 5 minute walk from school
- On-site supervision
Activities & Excursions
The supervised activity program includes:
- Daily afternoon/evening activities
- Weekly half-day excursion
- Weekly full-day excursion
Our program in Nice provides participants with enough time after class to learn more about France, its culture, traditions, customs, and everyday life. Students will experience cultural and social activities with their new international classmates. This will provide them with the opportunity to practice their new French language skills, as well as make new friends.
Curfew & Supervision
Homestay - Level of supervision: HIGH
Students staying with a host family must return to their accommodation after the evening activities end. On nights when there are no activities planned and on Sundays, students must stay with their host family, regardless of their age or circumstance. No exceptions will be made.
Residence - Level of supervision: MODERATE-HIGH
Curfew is at 11:00 pm.
Students must return to their accommodation immediately after the evening activities end. On evenings when there are no activities planned, students can go out in the city centre until 11pm. All students have to obey the curfew, regardless of their age or circumstance. No exceptions will be made.
Travel & Arrival Information
Arrival Airport: Montpellier Mediterranee (MPL)
Transfers from/to the airport are included on the day of arrival (Sunday) and on the day of departure (Saturday).
Passports/Visas/Length of stay:
Students are responsible for arranging their own visas if necessary, passports, and any permits needed to study abroad. For more information about visas, permits, passports, and general country entry requirements, please visit CIBT official website.
Students are responsible for making all flight arrangements for travel to/from Montpellier. Upon arrival at the Montpellier airport, one of our staff members will meet the student and take them to their accommodation.
Teenagers Abroad participants have the option to book our Travel Health Insurance.